Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14th: Short time with this "daddy" person

Awoke from the dream place today to see that the spinner on the ceiling was still moving. It's refreshingly cool when it is moving. I like it. What an amazing device. I'm starting to realize that by making noises with my mouth and moving my body around I can get the mommy or daddy person to come. They are both fun. They make me happy.

Today, the mommy came. She took me to another room with another spinner! It was cool in there too. The mommy and daddy have a big soft thing to lay on like I do, but they don't have bars on theirs. Maybe there is a way to take them off. I will have to work on that.

The big brown furry creature was there too. I like him. He licks my face and hands, and I can pull the floppy things on his head and it makes me smile. Today while mommy was taking away the wet thing from around my bottom, the brown furry creature licked my face and I giggled.

The daddy person took me to the bottom level of this place I have been staying and I helped him let the furry one leave for a short time. I watched as he seemed to use his nose to search for something, but instead of bringing something back, he left something there. He is an interesting creature and I will have to study him a bit more.

I then watched as daddy put small crispy like objects into a container, pour the white liquid into it (which is all too similar to what I eat), and then eat them both together. There was a crunchy noise coming from him as his face moved, but no words came out. Quite queer as I think back upon it. Maybe this one little white thing I have in my mouth will explode into more like his and mommy's and I will make crunchy noises too soon.

I was then placed into this seated device that the big ones call "Baby Einstein". I will have to find out who this person is. He or she must have been intelligent because this is a great device. No matter which way I spin myself around there is some new item to explore and play with. Today I used the item that make noises when you push on it. Daddy said something about cows and ducks and lions. I like the ducks but the lions are scary. I try not to push them too much.

Daddy sat on the floor and watched me explore. A few times he put his lips on my face and head and smiled at me. He seems like a nice person. He makes me laugh a lot. I think I will keep him.

Not too long after, the mommy person came into the room with me and "daddy." She was wearing what they use to dry me after my tubby around her and even one on her head! I don't get one on my head. I wonder why? I'm sure I will find out someday. For now, more exploring.

The next time "mommy" came back, the drying things were gone and she took me out of Baby Einstein. Daddy took me from her and squeezed me. It was very warm and comfortable, so to show him thanks, I grabbed his nose and tried to put my mouth on it. He gave me back to "mommy" and then put his lips on hers and went to the outside place. "Mommy" said something about work and money and nice things. I don't know what they are yet either, but I will find out.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, writing about your baby's perspective of the world around him must be quite a challenge, to say the least. Imagining what goes on in his tiny head could also be considered a tremendous source of entertainment as well! These small moments that you capture in words will create lasting memories for both you and him. I promise that you will look back on these special times with great fondness in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great twist on writing Bruce! As teachers, I know we often try to think about our students and put ourselves in their place. Your creative writing on what a baby’s day is like, what he is thinking and experiencing is a great idea! Looking forward to reading more of his adventures!

    ReplyDelete