Last night was an absolutely terrible night. Mommy was freezing the milk she normally gives me because I'm spending the day with gramma again tomorrow as my parents are going to something called a wedding. They say this wedding happens in a place called Lancaster, wherever that is. Anyway, instead of my normal milk then cereal and fruit, I was given something called formula. It wasn't very good. It looked like my normal milk, but it tasted very watery. After that I ate my cereal and fruit.
After I went to bed, I started to fell sick inside. I remember mommy and daddy in my room really late at night as they were giving me a wash cloth bath in my room. I felt really sticky and I smelled like peaches and icky stuff. Daddy changed me into new pajamas and mommy changed my bed.
I went back to sleep quite easily, but the soft bumper around my crib was gone. Later in the night, my legs got stuck in my bed's wall and I couldn't turn over. I cried loudly because I was frustrated, so mommy came and picked me up and rocked me. Daddy set up my bed I use at gramma's house and mommy put me in that.
I slept fine after that, but mommy said it was almost noon when I woke up, whatever noon is. I was very hungry though so mommy gave me my lunch meal with my cereal. I like sleeping late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bruce, it sounds like you all had a rough night, so sorry about that! Poor Hunter, he's such a happy little clam, it's tough to have him feeling miserable. Hopefully with that long sleep he's now on the mend.
ReplyDeleteI think you do a great job of noticing how everything affects Hunter - the sights, smells, sounds - those tiny things that in our world are very normal and routine, but to a baby they would be magnified ten-fold and have a much more significant impact. Well done!
I hope you and Crystal have a fantastic time at the wedding. Enjoy!
Bruce-
ReplyDeleteAll of the pieces that you have written about your son have been fantastic. What a great way to keep track of the memories that he will not be able to remember. Your descriptions in each of the pieces are great and you do a wonderful job taking what is happening to him and putting it in his perspective. I think your writings will be something that he can definitely enjoy when he grows up.
Hunter, Hang in there! The food & drink gets better as you get older--you only have to put up with the yucky stuff for just awhile longer. Glad you finally got situated and got to sleep in till noon! Hope the wedding went well. Sure you guys had a blast, the parties afterwards are usually the best part! Nice post again Bruce!
ReplyDeleteBruce,
ReplyDeleteYou have captured well Hunter's interactions with the adults in his world. I think it might be interesting to read a piece about what you think Hunter imagines or reflects upon when he is not with his mom and dad or his grandparents--sort of a solo experience.