Saturday, July 18, 2009

First night at Gramma's

Last night, mommy and daddy went to something called a firemen's picnic so I got to spend the night with gramma and grampa. You know, they kind of look like my daddy in a weird way only more wrinkley. The big brown furry creature came with me to their house. I think he is a body guard of some type. He always watches carefully when someone new is holding me and whenever there is a strange noise, he makes a loud yell and runs to find it. When he comes back the strange noise is gone. I wonder if he eats it? Oh well.

Gramma and grampa have a small furry thing. He doesn't look like the big brown one but he walks on four legs like mine and he yells like mine and he likes to lick my face too. I wonder if they are friends. Whenever we go there, the two of them slap each other with their front feet, give each other kisses...but never on the face, and roll around on the floor. Gramma always tells them to calm down and relax. I find it interesting that they don't listen. I hope I get that trait someday.

I was sad when mommy and daddy left, but it was ok because there was a lot of new things to see and explore. When it came for sleepy time, my bed was in their house! It was like magic! The room where I went to sleep didn't have a spinner on the ceiling, but there was one in the hole that looked outside. It was louder than what I was used to, but it still made me cool, which was nice. When I awoke, mommy and daddy where there eating and asked if I was ready to go home. I said yes and daddy made googoo noises at me. I think we are going to have to get him some help. He's crazy and doesn't speak too well.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce- This is a great memory to preserve. I remember my first over night at my grandmothers as a kid....I'm sure I stayed over when I was your son's age but I won't remember that....what a great memory for him to have. I also think that many people can make a connection to this memory, as firsts are something that everyone goes through and connect to. You perspective on writing from his standpoint is great too. This will be something great to give him someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, This entry focuses well on what it might be like for a tiny one to be left without Mom and Dad. Frankly, in some ways, it must be a frightening experience (although all we humans seem to adjust to it). My guess is that the things you described that seemed to have comforted Hunter, also are things that made you comfortable leaving him there is safe hands.

    ReplyDelete